Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crayon Roll

So I have seen these crayon rolls for a while now, I just haven't had a reason to make one... until now! My little niece is turning two! I think this will be just perfect for her. I used a couple of different patterns, but mostly one from

http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/on-a-roll

I was in a hurry to make and send this off, so you get to see it without crayons. I know, pretty disappointing. But I'm making a few more because this one was so easy! I used a cute bright animal flannel on the back, a lilac flannel for the inside and a terrycloth chenille for the pocket(which I lined before hand. I used a pink grossgrain ribbon across the pocket and a separate pink ribbon for the tie.
And of course, I made a matching card. I love how it ties on the side just like the crayon roll does. I put patches of the animal flannel on the front and the back with a zig-zag stitch. Then stitched the ribbon across the front and back. Threw on some little stickers, stitched an inside to write on and it's done!


3 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

So cute! Leslie, you have to be the most creatively crafty person I have ever met!

Nicki said...

I've never heard of these cute little things! Such a cute idea for a toddler! i too love the tie on the side of the card as well!

Jennifer V said...

I saw something similar to this a while ago, too...it would be great for taking to church! LOVE the fabric you used!