Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tins

I saw these cute tins at Target in the $1 bins. I love looking through those bins, because you'll never know what you'll find! So I bought a bunch of them with the intention of using some to organize my craft supplies, some to give as or along with a gift, and some to make home decorations. Things like this are good to have handy, 'cause you'll never know when you'll need it! They're size is (L)7 1/2" x (w)4" x (H)2 1/2"

These were so easy to make...I cut paper according to the size of the tin and just mod-podged the paper on each side. It didn't matter if it was totally exact because you can't really tell with a project like this, plus it's a little rustic looking anyway. I saw covered tins like these of different shapes and sizes on a website once and they were $80 to $140 for a set of three!!! I'm here to tell you that it's possible to make them for only $1 and you get to chose what paper you want on there!

Here are some examples of what you can use these cute little tins for:

  • I think it would make such a cute baby shower gift...throw some tissue paper crinkled up on the bottom, place two or three or fore bows on the tissue and say it's for hair bows, so cute and easy!
  • I use one to keep my rub-on letters in.
  • You can also use it for a candy dish or to keep your kids colored pencils or crayons in!

1 comment:

Cindy and Lane said...

Nicole, you are amamzing. I love the tins that you covered in paper. I am in AWE! of your talents.
cin cin