Monday, June 9, 2008

Arrangement



I love flowers! They are such an inspiration of creation and they, of course, bring a smile to my face. I got these flowers for my birthday...I received them in the usual way....flower.stem.vase. They were so beautiful and I thought it would be fun to enjoy them a little differently. Instead of the usual flower arrangement (in a vase), take a floral foam block and cut it down to 2 1/2 x 2 x 2 1/2. I got it at the dollar store...so you can get them really inexpensive. In the process of making this, I was surprised at how many flowers you need to how small the foam ends of being. I used approximately 35 mini roses. I cut the stem to about an inch away from the flower and stuck them in the foam accordingly. I added the bow on the top to hang in my kitchen! I love how it turned out. The next time you get flowers, try something new like this!

2 comments:

Cindy and Lane said...

it turned out beautiful. How large is it?

Leslie said...

And I LOVE this, but I know if I tried to do this, it would NOT come out looking like yours!! Can you make me one... :)