Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Place Mat Bags


I bought these cute place mats a little ago with the intention to make them into bags!





Left one.
I got this one for $3.75 and I had the rest of the materials. I literally sewed the pocket on with some ribbon trim, sewed the strap on and them folded the place mat in half and sewed up the sides! So easy and cute! It's so bright and cheerful and is going to make a wonderful birthday gift for my grandma!

Right one.
I got each of the place mats for $2.75, so a total cost of $5.50. I just sewed the handle on and then sewing along three of the edges and then sewing the pocket along the top. I made this to use for my church bad. Something sturdy and durable and functional. I added the key hook with ribbon so that I can just clip my keys to, so they don't get lost in my bag! I love the way both bags turned out and they are so easy to make! Perfect summer bags....

2 comments:

Cindy and Lane said...

love the scalloped edge bag the most.

MooreThanBags said...

Did you seam up the outside edges of the scalloped bag?