Monday, September 29, 2008

My to-do list...

This is my to-do list. Of course there is always stuff being added, finished or taken off. This is the basic list though. As you can tell I have a zillion little project I want to do,.. and then I can start in on some fun stuff or some other projects I've had going for a while.

Spidy Cover & Pillows: This fabric is going to be a couch cover for a mini Spiderman couch we picked up on clearance at Wal-mart. It is just too ugly to be sitting in our front room, which for now doubles as Evie's play area. The rest of the fabric is going to be pillows for our couch and basket liners for evie's toys.


A reading bench for Evie's room: I just got some foam and some green fabric on sale at JoAnn's to make a little seat for her room. I just turned her bookself on its side and sat it on the floor right by evie's crib. I put all her books the other way so she can just sit on the bench and read. She loves it. I'm coordinating the colors with her room, obviously-- like I would do it any other way. I'm going to make a pillow for the bench out of the left over fabric from her wall pocket and a pillow out of the green for her rocking chair.


His & Hers: I'm going to make matching his and hers gifts for someone I know, I cannot say more.


Elmo cover: This is going to cover the Elmo chair. I know Evie loves her Elmo, but seriously-- who wants to look at a giant elmo all the time. So we're going to cover him up. The rest of it might turn into a table cloth or table runner, basket liners... we'll see.


Bed Pocket: This is something my mother-in-law started but found other material she wanted to do instead so I got this. A yellow chenille bed pocket. I don't know about you guys, but I always have a million things on my bedside table. I hate it. Especially because I wear glasses and can never find where I put them at night. This will solve ALL my problems. Okay, so maybe not all my problems but it surely it will help me find my glasses at night, right?


Dress: This is going to be a brown & pink polka dot courdaroy dress for Evie... once it is done. I have a couple of SUPER CUTE patterns to choose from, that is my only problem.


Shirt: This is going to be a two-tone shirt for Evie. I have this really cute pattern I'm going to use, just need to do it. Go figure.


Vinyl: This is above my kitchen. Remember when I posted this summer about getting free vinyl just by posting something about her website? Well I chose the birds (I got three) and they are super cute. I'm deciding on a quote for my kitchen I'll print out in vinyl on my Cricut and place it somehow up there.


Vinyl Clock: Since our original clock died that we got from our wedding and this is the ugly clock from Paul's desk at school that is replacing it for now, I need a new clock. So I'm going to make a vinyl wall clock. Just buy the little ticker part and put it directly on the wall and then cut out the vinyl numbers and decorations and put them right on. I haven't seen it done anywhere, but I think it will turn out dang cute. I hope.


Numbers Book: This is from my mother-in-law. She is so cute. She sends little holiday boxes to Evie every year. In her Halloween box she included a little Martha Stewart numbers book. It is all iron-on and SO cute. I might embellish a little extra and I might not. We'll see what I feel like doing.


This is the ugly elmo chair.

Spidy some how made his entrance into the house too. I know, I know... I am the one who bought hime.. but why do they have to be so ugly!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

your list sounds a lot like mine! It's never ending! I have just one question...What is a bed pocket?